Sunday, October 4, 2009

The past month- LOTS of pictures!

I have been the worst blogger ever for almost a month! Yes, we have been busy, but I have to admit I just haven't felt like blogging. For some reason, in my free time, I've just had no desire to be on the computer. Not even facebook, for that matter! My free time feels like it has been drastically cut back lately, considering the fact that Korben only takes one nap a day, stays up later, and we have so many things to do throughout the week and at night.
When I have had free time, I've been trying to read more, as well as exercise every day. I have decided that I want to train for a 5k. Thanks to my friend Karen Rollans, I now have a jogging stroller. Korben is really wondering what has gotten into me lately. He says "weeee" when we run fast, so that motivates me to keep going! I guess my blog has just not been on my priority list, so I apologize to the Grandmothers!

Here are a few pictures of what we have been up to over the past several weeks. They go backwards (from most recent to oldest). Aaron was gone from September 24th-29th to a youth ministry conference in Los Angeles . While he was gone, I spent that time at my Mom's house. That happened to be my grandmother's 90th birthday weekend, so we were blessed to celebrate that special day with her. My sister came in from Nashville (Whom Korben decided he loved, by the way. He affectionately called her Baby but pronounced it BehBeh). We had a big party for my grandmother with lots of family. It was a busy few days which helped us not miss Aaron too terribly.






Let me take you on a backwards trip of our past few weeks.

These "pancake" shots were taken Friday morning. I made oatmeal pancakes for breakfast on Aaron's day off. Korben didn't want his own pancakes, but he almost ate all of his Daddy's. It was hilarious.


















































Pictures by the front horse pasture at CC's house taken last Monday.






































On CC's porch















































Doesn't take kids long to know which drawer has the "Tooooooooooys" in it.






















Sitting in his Mommy's old booster seat!






















Trying out a Model T Ford that was being showcased at my Grandmother's nursing home.




























Visiting Mema on her actual 90th birthday.





































Mema's party


































Thanks to my pal Rachel Freeman, I actually did something crafty at my MOPS meeting.




























Climbs in toy chest, empties toys out of toy chest, puts toys back in toy chest, repeats...



























Good times strolling around Target with Mopsy. We spent forever playing with this T-Rex demonstration. Korben might has well have been at Disney World Animal Kingdom.




































Our best attempt (sad, I know!) at a family picture on Mopsy's pretty porch on Satruday, September 19th.


















My sweet hubby and me at Van's food market (apparently I have a great idea, notice the light bulb above my head)!
























Another attempt at a family shot!






















CUTE picture of Korben and his Mopsy.



























Some precious shots of Korben posing at Van's Food Market in Heber Springs. He is posing in the same rocking chair we photographed him in exactly a year ago. Check facebook for a photo album comparing the shots from last year and this year.








































































These were taken on September 18th when Aaron and I took Korben to visit Mema (Since Aaron wasn't going to be in town for Mema's actual birthday)

























































Korben and CC sitting on their "seat." Korben feels so cool when he sits on the stairs to drink out of his cup.













































This was taken about 3 weeks ago. Korben was cheesing to show off his new bottom back molars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love the attempted family photo! It made me laugh out loud! And secondly, girl, you've got some good genes in your family!!! I would have never in a million years thought your grandma was 90!!! She's so pretty and her skin is great to be 90!

Thanks for the update! I was beginning to wonder about you guys but I know how busy that little boy must keep you! And I REALLY respect the fact that when you have free time you choose not to be on the computer! That's a good example to be setting for Korben!

And one last thing! He's getting so big!!! How is Korben that big already??? Wow!