Saturday, October 10, 2009

A great fall Saturday!

After Tiger Tunes was over last night we actually drove back to Fort Smith. We got home around 11:15, which means Korben didn't get to sleep until 11:30. This was a FIRST for our child. He has never gone to sleep that late in his whole life. We were exhausted, and praying we would get to sleep late. BUT, as you know, kids are odd, and sometimes the later you put them to sleep, the earlier they wake up! Well, by the grace of God, Korben slept until 10:30 this morning! I don't even remember the last time I got to sleep that late! We were sort of in college mode after last night, so we put Korben in his OBU hoodie we bought him last year at Tiger Tunes, and headed to Waffle House (another OBU tradition).

Stacking cheerios with Daddy is fun!



















"I'll have one chocolate chip waffle, one scrambled egg, and a side of toast."






















I love my daddy!
























We are just alike, Daddy!
























I am about to go buck wild. You can see the "crazy" in my eye.


























Just for old time's sake, here is a picture of Aaron and Korben this time last year. He is wearing the same OBU hoodie, even though the colors in the pictures make it look like it is different.





















It was a perfect fall Saturday here in Fort Smith. It was cold, the hogs were playing (and winning!), and there was a fall festival going on at the Neumeier Nursery. After a great Waffle House breakfast we took Korben to the festival. It was complete with hundreds of pumpkins, pony rides, craft booths, and food galore. It sounds fun, right? Well, it would have been, but we forgot our stroller and our child was WILD. I can not explain just how wild he was. He wanted "DOWN", and if we let him down he was gone in a flash. He has this strange obsession right now with ice, and he kept running away trying to get "IIIIICE" from one of the vendor's ice chest's. If Aaron and I said the word "Wild" once, we said it 500 times today. Y'all, Korben was WILD. He wasn't mean, or anything. Just FULL of energy, and would not tolerate being held. Needless to say, we didn't stay there long. Right as we were leaving, we walked by a lady who was pulling her grandson around in a little red wagon. She dropped the handle for a brief moment to talk to someone and Korben picked it up and started to try to take her grandson for a ride. She thought it was the funniest thing and wanted to take a picture of them. Her grandson wasn't very excited about this little red-headed wild man taking control of his wagon. He said, "He's going to squash my pumpkins." Haha!



















































We then had a family outing at Target and Korben got to eat popcorn throughout the store (while confined to the shopping cart, I might add!). Then, we headed over to Petco to see the Humane Society animals. Korben and Aaron were begging me for a dog (well, maybe just Aaron). If you would have known me as a child, you never would have believed that I would EVER turn down a dog. I was the girl who would sit in the dog house with my dogs and have conversations with them, okay? I love animals, trust me. There are just countless reasons why we can not have a dog at this very moment in our lives. As a side note, we do plan to go back to Petco sometimes for educational experience! We kind of felt like we were at a free zoo. Korben got to see puppies, kitty cats, fish, reptiles, mice...it was pretty much the same experience!

Today was one of my favorite family Saturdays to date!

No comments: