Saturday, October 10, 2009

TIGER TUNES

Tiger Tunes. My two favorite words that describe my Ouachita Baptist University experience. It is the greatest show on earth that I had the privilege of participating in all 4 years in college! Although Aaron and I attended Tiger Tunes last year, we didn't quite think Korben was ready to attend at just 7 months old. However, this year, he was just one day shy of 19 months old. We really had a good inclination that he would love it, considering how much he loved Sesame Street Live. As the show got closer, I started to worry we were making a big mistake. Well, guess what? He LOVED it! For the first 45 minutes he sat in Aaron's lap, and I kid you not, did not move a muscle. He was mesmerized. Then I believe he sat in my lap for half a second, then moved on to Emily's (My BFF) lap, and eventually sat back with his daddy. Intermission came at the perfect time because he started to get a little ansy (which really just consisted of flirting with the cute 5 year old girl down the row). After intermission he sat perfectly for another 45 minutes in either Emily's lap and then in Brandon's (Aaron's summer youth intern, who is now a student at OBU) lap. It was so apparent that he knew Drew (Korben's photographer friend who just happens to be Emily's husband), Emily, and Brandon when he saw them...even if it was practically in the dark! The show was over two hours long and Korben only had to leave during the last 15-20 minutes just because he insisted on standing up and poking the little boys in front of us in the back of the head. (He thinks everyone should want to play with him!) Aaron was happy to take him out, and it actually worked out well because they ended up getting to see a lot of friends and former students in our youth group out in the lobby. We were SO incredibly proud of Korben. Even though he is growing up so fast, we have a hard time remembering he is only a year and a half old. He is so smart and seems to understand so much sometimes! We even had him saying "Tiger Tunes" before the show! This was definitely an unforgettable memory for us!





Korben's expression throughout the whole show.























Attempt at a family pic during the show. I didn't realize Aaron was talking to Brandon.























Emily and Me (Yes, it is true, we have won Tiger Tunes together twice)
























Mesmerized Korben, as well as Aaron, Brandon, and Korben's first OBU girlfriend in the faint background.
























P.S. How could I forget to tell my FAVORITE memory of the night? Emily was sitting to my left, holding Korben. Korben gently reached his right hand out toward me, and I thought he wanted his sippy cup. I tried to hand him his cup, and he just softly grabbed my hand and began watching the show again. HE JUST WANTED TO HOLD MY HAND, PEOPLE! I thought it was so bizarre that he never wanted to sit in my lap that night. I was thrilled that he wanted to go to everyone that he did, but I just thought it was weird at first that he didn't want to sit with me. It absolutely made my night when he just wanted to hold hands! Emily and Aaron were both witnesses of this. I can't lie...I kind of got teary eyed.

No comments: