Monday, October 26, 2009

A very unhappy Elmo

Ever since we went to see Sesame Street Live in August, I just knew Korben had to be Elmo (MELMO!) for Halloween! He is obsessed with him! We ordered him a precious costume that is even complete with a giggle box that you can push and hear Elmo laugh. When it first came in a few weeks ago, he was willing to put the costume on, he just didn't want to wear the head piece. Not ideal, but I thought, by Halloween he will probably be willing to wear it. Well, we've gone downhill. I put the outfit on him this morning, only to find that JUST wearing the suit sent him into a frenzy. He now knows how to unzip, so he was frantically trying to do that while I tried to snap a quick picture. I slipped the hood on just in time to get a couple of shots, and that really sent him over the top. Sooooo, unless a miracle happens, or Aaron can talk Korben into wearing his cool, awesome, studly Elmo costume, it looks like Korben will be wearing a halloween themed shirt and some jeans to our youth costume party on wednesday night. Not quite what I was envisioning, but you do what you gotta do.














































Let me just say that Korben actually does love the costume, he just doesn't want it on his body. He begs me everyday to take it out of the closet...he likes to carry it around...he says Hi to it...but he just doesn't want it on his body. However, he does have these new sesame street pajamas. I had just gotten them out of the dryer today and they were folded on top of a laundry basket. He got them out and started trying to slip them on his arm saying "ON, Melmo, ON, Melmo." So, he spent the majority of his day in his Elmo pajamas. Ironic, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you post an article about the terrible twos and then immediately post an entry with him refusing to cooperate!!! So funny! That poor baby sure wasn't happy with you, huh? Still a cutie though! Hopefully Aaron can work some magic and talk him into it!

Raina's Retreat said...

I feel bad that the second I saw his little picture pop up on my screen I immediatly started laughing. Reminds me of Bry. He wasn't thrilled with his costume one year and hwe had to go get a different one. But at least with the crying the color of his face matches the suit. LOL