Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cruising in Paradise

So much has happened in the past month. I am overflowing with things I need to document! You know how I am. The busier I am doing fun things, the less I want to take time to blog about them.

I will start with the cruise. I only have time to post a couple from each day since uploading takes so long on my computer.


At the Little Rock airport on Sunday, May 17th. Very early in the morning, but we were SO EXCITED!



















The first night at dinner in the dining room.


















Breakfast in bed the first morning!




















At CoCo Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island. It was BEAUTIFUL. Got to cross one of my life dreams off my list..."lay in a hammock with my love."


















About to head back to the ship after hours of hiking trails, laying in the sun, and searching for sea shells in the ocean.


















The first formal night of the week.






























At Choppe's Grille on the ship. I seriously love shrimp cocktail! I REALLY wish I could have some right now!
























Tuesday was a day at sea. We went to an art auction, played bingo, and the most fun...we went ICE SKATING!

























Sorrento's pizza. I think this was Mom and Kim's favorite food on the ship!




















Before dinner on Tuesday night. Do we look like a quartet of what in our bright colored outfits?





















Another thing was crossed off my life dreams list. I got to sing in a "don't forget the lyrics" type of a game show! I didn't win, but it was so much fun!




















Wednesday in St. Thomas, aka the most beautiful place on earth! One of the top 10 beaches in the world behind me, Magen's bay.





















Check out our "home away from home" behind us!





















Us on Sapphire beach, after snorkeling. PEOPLE, do you see the beauty behind us? Pictures really can't show the beauty of this place.
























Eating dinner while we sailed out of St. Thomas.

























Thursday in St. Maarten. This was view from my beach chair. Here is where I comfortably napped in the sun while waking only to wonder what I was going to eat for lunch. What a life.


























We ate lunch at this awesome resort, right on the beach! It was a beautiful experience!



















Seriously, it was RIGHT on the beach!






















My smokin' hot date and me on our last formal night!




























Friday at sea. A Rodgers' family photo at Johnny Rocket's. (Don and Julie had just e-mailed us this precious picture of our baby!)




















Before the ice skating show.



















Dinner at Portofino's italian restaurant on ship. Those were our meals.






















And here are our desserts...yes, all of them were ours!


























Aaron embarrassing us (I mean, making us proud!) in a game show called "The Quest." Ask him about it the next time you see him.


















Saturday, the last day of the cruise. Conquering the rock wall. Well, if you consider "conquering" only going a third of the way up the wall before giving up. :-)






























Last night at dinner. Hugging our waiters.





















Early Sunday morning, about to disembark. Sad to leave the pampering, but secretly really happy to know I would see Korben later on that day!
























I could seriously write for days about the great memories from this trip. I can not tell you how much fun I had. It was so good for Aaron and me. I can't even remember the last time we have had that much fun together. I mean, we always have fun wherever we go, but this was probably the most fun we have ever had. As a new mom, this trip meant a lot more to me than even our honeymoon. Our honeymoon was amazing, but at the time, I didn't consider it a blessing to get to take the time to blow dry my hair, or put my make up on without a toddler chewing on my mascara tube. These were things I didn't know how to appreciate before I was a mommy. Every little aspect of this trip was a treat, and we enjoyed every minute of it. Even if we did sleep until 11 a.m. sometimes!

For me, there is no greater vacation than a Caribbean cruise. If you know me very well at all, you know that mine and Aaron's idea of fun is trying a new restaurant. You would also know that mom, Kim, and I love SHOWS! Well, Royal Caribbean just happens to be ranked #1 in their entertainment, and boy did we see why! They had the most fabulous singers and dancers, and the broadway-style shows were outstanding every night! So we would spend the day on the most gorgeous beaches in the world, and spend the night eating amazing food and watching fabulous shows. REALLY? TO ME (and I know this doesn't sound fun to everyone!), it doesn't get better than this!


Mom, thank you for giving us this opportunity to make life memories! I truly feel like all of our May birthday's and anniversary's were (more than) celebrated! You are so generous and selfless. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


Julie, I couldn't have had one second of fun if I didn't know that Korben was safe and happy with you. Thank you so much for giving up yourself for one week to take care of Korben. I trust you completely, and now he is closer to you than ever! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!



Okay, stay tuned. I will be blogging soon about what Korben did while we were on the cruise, as well as what all has happened since his arm was in the sling. He is a different child these days, guys. He is really growing up!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Great pictures!