Saturday, June 13, 2009

Superhero Day

The Chick-fil-A in Fort Smith is awesome. Once a year they have a "Princess Day" and a "Superhero Day." Well, today was "Superhero Day" and we knew one of the celebrity superheroes very well! Aaron was recruited to be the Incredible Hulk! He eats there often, and about 6 months ago the manager asked him if he would do it. At the time, he didn't know when it was. Well, a couple weeks ago the manager showed up at the church to talk to him about the details. This lady was serious about Aaron being the Hulk!

My friend Rachel asked me last night if Korben was going to dress up. I didn't even THINK about him needing something "superheroish" to wear. So, I went to Walmart first thing this morning and found the cutest Batman pajamas...complete with a CAPE!


Aaron was there from 11-3 today. We showed up at noon, and I'm pretty sure everyone in Fort Smith was there with their pre-schooler. Holy Moly, it was a MAD HOUSE! People were overflowing out of the doors, and there was even activities in the parking lot! I saw just about every superhero before I saw Aaron. I couldn't wait for Korben to see him. I just knew I would get the cutest picture of The Hulk and Batman. As soon as Aaron started walking towards him, Korben started trembling. He was terrified of him! I'm sure it freaked him out even more that his Daddy's voice was coming from this crazy green man. So, no chance at taking a picture of the two of them. We did manage to go outside and take a family picture, tear-free! Linda Cain was kind enough to come support the madness, and even took all of these pictures! Thank you, Linda!

Seth, Rachel, and Drew Reeves came to support too! Drew was a little scared too, but who wouldn't be? I was scared just standing in Chik-fil-a. I couldn't wait to leave. However, it was a really fun experience! I was so proud of Aaron. It was really cool seeing how excited the little kids were (well, not mine!).

My day got even better when I found out my BFF Emily was in town! Korben and I met up with her and her mom at Hobby Lobby, and then went to have lunch at Red Lobster. We had a great time! It has been a wonderful day. I think it is about to get even better because we are about to take Korben swimming for the first time in a real pool! I'll let you know how that goes!

Until then, enjoy looking at the pictures of our day!! By the way, did you know that the "Batmobile" is actually red?

























No comments: