Thursday, June 4, 2009

Why Korben didn't miss us.

While I was on the cruise, I couldn't help but think about the moment when Korben and I would lock eyes for the first time in a week. I imagined us running towards each other with arms wide open. There was running involved, but he didn't run in my direction. After 8 days with Mopsy and Poppy, Korben acted like he had forgotten me and ran the other direction! Of course, I was thrilled to see his new running capabilities, but it wasn't quite the reaction I had hoped!

Several mothers have since told me that their child did the same thing. Apparently, this is a toddler's way of temporarily punishing the mother for leaving? I'm not quite sure. I think he finally forgave me and realized he was happy to see me the next day...closer to the afternoon. STINK-ER is all I have to say.

Julie should really be the one two write this blog entry, since she was the one who really knows all of the fun she and Korben had at her house. However, pictures are worth a thousand words. Check out these precious pictures they took throughout the week.




































One thing that is not pictured is Julie holding Korben's arms and letting him walk up and down their stairs. You see, Julie is much more fun than me. Even if we did have stairs in our house (which thankfully, we do not), I would not be kind enough to let Korben go up and down them for hours. We would be having the "In life, you don't get to have everything you want" speech. But Julie sacrificed, and now Korben is ridiculously good at going up and down stairs. He realizes he needs to hold someones hand, so he'll just grab a hand and start to go. He learned the words "up" and "down" from this exercise. And it WAS exercise, right Julie?




After looking at these pictures you can probably see why Korben ran away from me. He had way too much fun at their house!

1 comment:

Raina's Retreat said...

He is just so darn cute. I'm glad you guys had a fun time. Missed you on FB tho. My son did the punishment to the parent thing too! One time I came to pick him up at his Emmy's (grandma) after work and he thought as I was walking through the door that it was going to be his Papa, well, when he saw me he pointed a finger and said "NO, NOT YOU" , "I want my papa!" then preceeded to cry. This instantly brought tears to my eyes. :( But he still loves me (I think).