Thursday, July 30, 2009

Weight Watchers Anniversary

Tomorrow marks my one year anniversary with Weight Watchers. I currently weigh 31 pounds less than when I started. It is hard to believe that last year on July 31st, I carried a baby to my first meeting (not quite 5 months old) in his car seat carrier. Now Korben steps up on the scale after I do to find out how much he weighs. Today, he weighed 27.5 pounds. It is hard to believe that I have lost more weight than Korben weighs. It is kind of a gross visual considering that he is HUGE to me!

I say all of this not to brag AT ALL, but out of gratitude for the weight watchers system. I also say all of this for accountability purposes. I'm not saying this system is for everyone, but it has been so good for me! I have only ever stayed for 2 actual WW meetings. I just go on Thursdays at lunch time and weigh. For some reason, that is motivational enough to me. I haven't had to pay every since I reached my first goal weight, which is such a blessing. Korben and I have built great relationships with the two ladies that run the meetings. Korben can't wait to see them every week. Their like his "Weight Watchers Grandmas." Every week they have new stickers for him. Today, he got "Thomas" stickers. He was so excited.

I don't think I could have ever stuck to weight watchers based on just the recipes that they put out. I would have never known what to cook because I haven't found their recipes to be all that great. Thankfully, my friend Rachel told me about www.e-mealz.com. They are not affiliated with WW at all, but they will give you recipes and already convert the serving sizes into WW points for you. They seriously do all the hard work for you. One of mine and Aaron's favorite meals is the calzone (they call it a pizza loaf). It does not taste like a diet food whatsoever. There are 6 servings and the servings are 5 points a piece. If you ate a slice of calzone this size at an italian restaruant it would probably be 20 points. So, e-mealz chooses healthier ingredients which helps keep the points lower.

These are the meals we will be having at the Rodgers house over the next week:

Italian Burgers with grilled corn on the cob and veggie kabobs,
Shrimp Chowder,
Ham and Caramelized Onion Paninis,
Three Bean and Sausage Bake,
Zesty Parmesan Chicken with tangy green beans and rolls.

Does that sound like boring diet food? I sure don't think so. Seriously people, not one of these meals is over 8 points a serving. Okay, I'm done advertising for e-mealz. Unless they want to pay me, and then I'll advertise for them some more. ;o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of e-mealz. I'll have to check it out. I just weighed in on Monday after being on WW for one week and I lost 9 pounds. I was so excited. I have a weightloss blog too if you want to follow it, I'll send you the address! Congratulations! I'm impressed! And thanks for the tip!