Saturday, July 18, 2009

HAIR

Has anyone ever seen "Hair" the musical? I saw the new broadway cast perform their song "Hair" on Conan O'Brien the other night and I can't get it out of my head. In honor of the song stuck in my head right now, I am going to write about Korben's hair.

So, On Thursday, Aaron called and said he was on his way home from work. I was just playing with Korben's hair and decided we would give Daddy a surprise when he came home. I took the pony-tail holder out of my hair and put it in Korben's and this is what his daddy saw when he walked in the door.



















































I know, I'm SO FIRED, right? Yeah, that's what the Daddy said. Too bad he can't fire me.

The funniest thing about this was putting Korben down for a nap, forgetting it was in his hair. I walked in his room after he woke up and saw a jumping little boy with a pony tail on top of his head. Wrong, I know. I won't do it again.

Yesterday I made a pile of a few things that need to go to the attic (Baby toys and oversized toys such as this Mickey Mouse that Korben never plays with). Mickey was sitting in the living room awaiting getting bagged up to go to the attic last night when Korben saw him. He carried him (yes, actually carried something twice his size) all around the house and then tackled him to the ground and hugged him for at least 5 minutes. I just had to take a picture. Mickey may just have to stay in his room for a little while longer.























Okay, back to my main topic...HAIR. After Korben takes a bath, all I have to do is comb the back of his hair and it curls up like this. It actually looks like I used a curling iron on it. I can't tell you how much I love this, and how much I am going to miss it when he actually gets a big boy haircut.































P.S. Memory I need to record:

Bath time is the best time. There is something about bath time that gets Korben focused enough to really talk. As I sit there and watch him play in the bath tub, I can ask him to say pretty much anything and he will say it!! It may not be perfect, but he attempts to say whatever I ask him. Every animal and animal noise, every family member's name...we work on it every night. Of course, we work on talking other times throughout the day too, but there is just something magical about bath time. I am amazed at what all he is retaining. He is so smart!

3 comments:

Kari said...

How cute! Maybe you and Aaron need a little girl, too, so you can really fix her hair like that every day! I agree about bath time. My girls and I used to do that too during bathtime! Enjoy it! They grow up fast!

Jennifer said...

Korben is so going to kill you for the pony tail when he gets older. That might be a good wedding picture slide come to think of it. I love the Mickey picture!

Raina's Retreat said...

Save those pics for future girlfriends!!!