Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If you're happy and you know it...

I happened to be going through the archive of pictures on my computer and found this picture of Korben taken one year ago today! I thought I would do a comparison of Korben at 16.5 months and 4.5 months old. Sure, now he has teeth and a lot more hair...but he is still the same precious baby boy!















































I have said before that Korben has definitely been a late bloomer when it comes to teeth. He only has seven and hasn't even worked on a new one in months! Anytime he is ever in a bad mood, has weird eating habits, or just doesn't want to sleep, we blame it on teething. We've done a lot of blaming on teething over the past year, but very few times have we actually seen a tooth come through. Well, tonight Korben gave us a great opportunity to look in his mouth. He ran as fast as he could into the door frame (one of many head on collisions he had today- he is trying to figure out this running thing) and of course cried with his mouth wide open. Aaron was holding him and I practically had my head inside his mouth because I was so happy to finally get a glimpse of some action on his gums. In those few seconds I saw a hole on the right side, where the lower canine would go. I also saw something white looking like it is pushing through on the left side. Both bottom gums were puffy and swollen. It made me feel SO much better to see that. I immediately said, "No wonder he hasn't wanted me to brush his teeth this week!" He has been a very picky eater this week, not as good of a sleeper, and has been chewing on everything (which he stopped doing for a couple of months!). So, we let him have two messy orange popsicles before bath time and he was a very happy camper.

Random Korben stories from the past couple days:


Sunday morning when I went in to get Korben out of his bed. I said "Hey, did you sleep good?" He says "YEAH!" in the most enthusiastic (barney video caliber) voice you have ever heard in your life. I had NEVER heard him say it like that, ever! So, that became the word of the day. Everything I asked him, he answered with "YEAH!" When I've let people hear him say it over the phone they think it is me. Oddly enough, I'm realizing where he got it now because whenever I say it (on the phone, not knowing Korben is listening), he just chimes right in and says it too!

Korben stayed in childcare on Sunday night with one of his favorite people in the world, Linda Cain. He had her one-on-one attention, and he couldn't have been happier. When I went to pick him up, I was thanking Linda for keeping him and I may have said something like "Thanks so much, Linda...yada yada" and I kept talking. I overheard Korben say "LINDA" while I was talking. I said, "DID HE JUST SAY LINDA??" Linda said, "Yeah, he's already said that tonight!" I freaked out. I called Aaron soon after to tell him what Korben had done and when I got to the part of the story when I said "Linda", Korben yelled "LINDA" at the appropriate time! Oh my goodness, it cracked me up!

Tonight he called repeatedly called his green beans his "mean" beans. Good thing he is not scared of them.

I really wish I could make a video of all of the animal noises Korben can attempt. My personal favorites are "hee-haw" and the "hiss" from the snake.

For some reason for the past couple of days when I ask Korben to say "Mommy", he says "Meemaw." Which is great for his actual Meemaw, but not so great for me! He absolutely knows how to say Mommy though! I've heard him say it a lot! I kind of get the impression he is pulling my leg. When I've asked him to say "CC" he says "Hee-Hee." He totally knows better!

I will condlude with a happy video! In case you were worried, this boy still likes to dance. If you listen REALLY closely, you can hear "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" in the background playing on the baby einstein video. Korben loves to mimic everything the kids on the video do! Thats where he learned to touch his nose, jump, shake, dance and clap! If you wait until the very end, you will hear the "YEAH!" I spoke of earlier!













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest kiddo ever! Seriously! Richard Penn came over last weekend and we were both talking about how adorable he is! I can't watch the video at work because of evil firewalls but I can't wait to see it! Seriously, too cute! You're so blessed!

Raina's Retreat said...

How adorable Kristen! I love the year apart pictures. He is so cute and smiley. You and Aaron are such great loving parents. Korben is so blessed.