Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Progress and Prayer

Around 1:30 today, I think I saw some life back in Korben. He had half of a container of applesauce and half of a container of jello. He also ate two crackers. May not sound like much to you, but it sounded like a whole lot to me. I think the food gave him instant energy, because I kept saying "I'm so proud of you...Yay Korben!" and he would just clap for himself. I got a cute video of that, but for some reason my blog isn't cooperating, so a picture will have to do for now.



























I just feel compelled to say that I fully realize some stomach viruses and lactose intolerance issues are truly NOTHING in comparison to what some families have to deal with on a daily basis. I vent on my blog because: 1. It is true life, and this blog is my baby book and 2. Because I'm a mom, and I worry. BUT, I fully recognize that there are many families who would give everything they have for their baby to just have the rotavirus or tummy issues. I read blogs everyday of friends and strangers who are fighting to save their children's lives on a daily basis. I do not take a single day for granted with Korben. I thank the Lord daily for allowing me to be able to stay at home with him. (The Lord must have known Korben would be sick a lot, and I would have already been fired from my job from taking so many sick days!)

I want to ask a favor of you. Some of you who read my blog are members at Grand, and are already prayer warriors on the Marsh's behalf. This is for those of you who read my blog who don't know about this situation, and would be willing to pray.

Collin Marsh is a precious little boy that will turn one year old on April 23rd. If he was able to be at church right now, he would be in Korben's class. He was diagnosed with Leukeima in November and has practically been at Children's Hospital ever since while undergoing many rounds of chemotherapy, and many other trials. It is in the works for him to get a bone marrow transplant in the upcoming month, but has recently caught RSV which is currently holding up the process. He was considered in remission a few weeks ago, but now it is sounding like that is questionable. PLEASE pray that sweet Collin will be in remission and he will be able to be healthy enough to get this bone marrow transplant.

Here is a photo of Collin taken in February with his mom and dad, Emily and Phillip.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great post Kristen. I've been praying for Korben, and also the Marsh's. I'm glad Korben was feeling better earlier today. I hope it continues.

Rachel Freeman said...

I'm glad he is eating some. Keep up the good spirits, it'll be gone soon. I love the Easter basket, so cute and thoughtful! I continued the post on Collin on my blog and asked others to make a post for the marsh's as well. I am praying for them for sure.