Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

This has been an amazing weekend. By Friday, I would say Korben was 100% back to his normal self! I was so thankful to see that energetic little boy again! I'm so grateful that he didn't suffer any longer with that virus. From what I heard, most people have it for much, much longer. Thank you for your prayers for my little one.

My mom came in on Friday afternoon. She brought Korben an awesome Easter basket (way better than the one with saltines and gatorade!), and a really cute Fisher Price piggy bank that counts the play money you put in it. He loves it all!




















































































Aaron and I were able to go on a date (without Korben) for the first time in FOUR months! It was soooo nice. We went to Shogun in Fayetteville and had the BEST sushi. We also did a little shopping, and I got my hair cut at the mall on a whim! So, back to the sushi! We split 4 different kinds of rolls. Sushi is the most fun food to eat because it is beautiful and delicious! It also takes a while to eat(maybe that is just because I'm terrible with chopsticks?), so you can enjoy it longer! The picture below is not our sushi, it is just a random picture from the internet. I put it on here so some of can see what it looks like. I'm afraid that some of my frends think I'm just picking up a fish off of a plate and eating it whole. Not the case at all!

























Dr. Beene recommended that I wait a week until I got Korben out and about. She said that would give him time for his immune system to bulk back up. I really wanted to take him to our church's Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, but we just couldn't chance it. Mom and I took him on a Saturday morning drive around some gorgeous neighborhoods in Fort Smith. It was the most beautiful day, and he seemed to enjoy the drive, considering he gets to face forward in the car now.



























On Saturday afternoon, My best friend Emily and her husband Drew came over. It was so great to see them! However, there was an added perk to the visit! Drew is establishing his photography business, and he spent the afternoon taking pictures of Korben in the yard. Drew has only sent me two, but I will be posting more soon. I absolutely love them!!!























































Korben spent Easter Sunday with his CC, while Aaron and I went to church. We appreciated that sooooo much! It was so nice to go to church together! We felt lost without Korben though. I know parents always say this, but I really can't remember my life without him. Like, could I really just "get ready" for church with ease, and just "take a nap" when I wanted? Really? Because, I don't remember. All I can say is, life is so much better now!

It was so much fun to worship with the Body this morning. Jeff did an amazing sermon that highlighted the disciples, and how they bailed on Jesus by denying him right before he died. He pointed out that once Jesus resurrected and appeared to them, all but one of them ended up becoming martyrs for the cause of Christ. They were once people who denied him, but they became people that would endure anything because of their belief in him. Why would they do that? Why would they be boiled in oil, skinned alive, or be-headed for just a "nice guy?" The wouldn't. They were convinced that he was the ONE AND ONLY, TRUE MESSIAH! Jesus told Thomas, "You believe because you have seen me, Blessed are those who believe without seeing me(John 20:29)."

I have never seen Jesus, but I want to have the kind of faith that would withstand any test. I am so proud to know that I worship the TRUE, RISEN SAVIOR...and "no power of hell, or scheme of man, could ever pluck me from his hand."

I hope that wherever you were on this Easter Sunday, you were able to reflect on the gift of Salvation we have been given.

Thank you for reading!!


P.S. Stay tuned for some Rodgers Family Easter pictures! Even though Korben didn't go to church with us, he did get dressed up and take family pictures with us. I will post them soon. My mom has them on her camera.

1 comment:

The Flowers Family said...

I am glad he is feeling better!