Saturday, January 10, 2009

Baby's first Christmas

I bet some of you thought I would never update my blog again. Let me just say that neglecting to update a blog is just like neglecting to write a thank you note you know you need to write. You know you need to do it, but the more time that goes by, the more guilty you feel for not doing it when you needed to do it, so more time goes by until you say "enough is enough." Well, enough is enough, I am updating right now!

We left after church on Sunday the 21st to go to my mom's house for Christmas. Kim drove in from Nashville the same day and we were all there together until Thursday morning. We really stretched Christmas by celebrating at different times throughout the few days we were there.

-We celebrated with friends on Sunday afternoon.
-Kim and I had lunch with our girl cousins on Monday at Cantina Laredo.
-Tuesday night was Christmas with aunts, uncles, and cousins.
-Later on Tuesday night Mom, Kim, Aaron, and I celebrated Christmas together.
-On Wednesday morning (Christmas Eve) we let Korben open his gifts all by himself.

There was supposed to be one more Christmas party on Christmas Eve afternoon with MeMa at the nursing home. Just as soon as we were getting Korben dressed to go, he got SICK. He vomited 4 times in the course of an hour! We knew he must have had the stomach virus. So, to say the least, we didn't end up going to MeMa's party. We spent Christmas eve doing lots of laundry, and waking up in the night with a sick baby.

We drove to Heber Springs on Christmas morning to celebrate with the Rodgers family. Korben seemed to be a little better, so I was thinking this was probably just a 24 hour virus (HA...boy, was I wrong). He napped while we opened presents, woke up just in time for stockings, and held off on the vomiting and diarrhea until the middle of the night. Bless his heart, he did the best he could to have a great first Christmas! There were times that if someone didn't know him they would think he was well, and times that you just knew he was sick! Thursday was a pretty good day. He really enjoyed opening his gifts and playing with his new toys. Friday was full of Pedialyte, Friday night I caught the bug and it lasted about 4 hours (I am forever indebted to Julie for being my "mommy" for the night and cleaning up after me), Saturday was really good (thought he was well) and Sunday morning he was really sick again. I went back to my mom's house on Sunday to allow Aaron to have some time with his guy friends. As it turns out, Aaron didn't get to have a whole lot of fun because he caught the stomach virus too. Korben got really sick again on Monday morning. I took him to a doctor in north little rock. She said that stomach viruses can last 7-10 days. She was right. Korben wasn't completely well for 7 days!

I don't mean to sound like we didn't have any fun over our break. We absolutely did, and you will see that from the pictures. We already can't imagine celebrating Christmas without Korben in our lives. It is sooooo much more fun with him! Korben got some AWESOME Christmas gifts! You will see how much he loved all of his toys in the pictures. Aaron and I are particularly excited about some practical gifts he received! We are stocked up on formula and diapers for a while! In fact, I don't think we'll ever have to buy soy formula again because what we have will last us until he is a year old and can then drink whole milk, or soy milk. I don't know how long our diapers will last us, but probably at least 3 months. That is such a blessing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had so many pictures I wanted to post from Christmas, I decided to make a slideshow. I hope that is okay. I have to go to bed now. Korben has not been sleeping well lately and it is taking a toll on me. I will try to post tomorrow all about our 10 month old and what he is doing these days!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered this blog entry! I read the ones later and missed this one! I loved the slide show! It was precious!