Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our 10 month old.

Our "newborn" just turned 10 months old yesterday. It is unreal how close he is to turning one year old. I could cry just thinking about how fast this is all going!

Here is what is going on in the life of our 10 month old:

He is saying "Bye Bye" (not at the appropriate times yet), "DaDa" (his favorite thing to say), "MaMa" (He just started saying the middle of this past week. Earlier in the week it was coming out like "BaMa", pronounced like Obama. It was so funny), "Hey", and "Hi". He goes through phases where he says things more than others. I haven't heard him say "hey" or "hi" much lately. He is really on this "MaMa" and "DaDa" kick, which we love!

He is eating like a HORSE. Seriously. I feel like all I do is feed him. He is still drinking 4 bottles a day, but his desire for solid foods has definitely increased. He loves anything he can feed to himself. He loves to feed himself banana slices, torn up pieces of grilled cheese (soy cheese), and green beans. Really, I haven't found anything he hasn't liked yet.

He is so close to crawling, it is not even funny. In fact, I should probably just go ahead and say that he is crawling. However, the best crawling he does is backwards. He can get from one side of the room to the other by doing this backwards crawling thing. Breaking news though, THIS MORNING, he was on all fours and he quickly brought both of his legs underneath him at the same time (kind of looked like a grasshopper) and he shot forward. Forward motion is good! He was really excited about it, so maybe he will start "grasshoppering" all over the place. Most of the babies his age and older have just graduated to the "crawling class" at church. Korben is still in the baby room. I feel really weird about Korben being in the baby room because he looks so gigantic in there with all of the babies. But, until he is crawling well, he doesn't need to be in the crawling room either. I don't want him to get trampled!

He loves playing with his toys. He is such a content "player." He is also really into Peek-a-boo. His favorite thing is when we get one of his stuffed animals and make him think the animal is playing peek-a-boo with him. He will die laughing. I will try to get a video of this soon. He thinks anything a puppet does is way funnier than anything we do. For instance, he thinks the puppets on the Baby Einstein videos are the best thing ever!

He has not been sleeping as well as he usually does. He is still an incredible sleeper by most people's standards, but he has been waking up at least once a night this past week, and sometimes more than that. I've been doing a lot of research and I think he is either waking up to eat because he is going through a growth spurt, or it has to do with teething. Either way, I have a feeling he will be getting over it soon.

Speaking of teething, he has a grand total of 3 teeth. The only ones you can really see are his two bottom teeth, but one of the top teeth is definitely through the surface. I'm expecting any day to see the top tooth's matching partner come in right beside it.

He will NOT take a pacifier anymore when I put him to bed. If I try to put one in his mouth he grabs it and throws it. I went in to check on him last week while he was taking a nap and I see that he is still using his "built in" pacifier to go to sleep. (The day I took this picture it was 75 degrees outside, hence the "shirtlessness".)




Thank you for reading! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

I'm so glad to see your update. I can't believe that cutie is 10 mths! I guess you've been reading and I should say crying with Kathy, Trey, Tanner, and Berkely. I'm so glad you gave me that blog. I've been encouraged all week.

Rachel Freeman said...

Hey girl, I saw Korben today in the nursery. He's so cute and growing every time I see him. Hope to see you at mops on Tuesday.