Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good times were had by all.

Just want to share my newest, favorite Korben memory to date. Last night when I was putting him to bed I was giving him his bottle and he decided he didn't want to drink anymore. He was just laying on me making that "singing" sound that he does when he is sleepy. So, I started patting his mouth (I used to call this making "Indian sounds", but I'm sure that isn't politically correct to say anymore). He thought this was hilarious. He would hold a note out until he'd crack up laughing and then do it again. After a couple minutes of this, I had tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard. I stopped, thinking we'd had all the fun we were going to have with that little trick. Well, he quickly grabbed my hand and started patting it on his mouth for me to do it again. It was the most PRECIOUS thing ever! I told Aaron about it last night, so he tried it with him this morning. He did it all again, just as I had told him! Aaron thought it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen.

Some of you can expect to be getting your own copy of one of these pictures in the mail soon! Here are the pictures we took in an attempt to get one good one for our Christmas card. It was more difficult than it looks, I can assure you. Thank you, Sarah Hobbs, for taking these pictures at the church for us with such short notice. Thank you, Brittany Molder, for saying "Poop" a hundred times to make Korben smile.


This is not the picture we chose for our Christmas card, but I adore the expression on Korben's face. We rarely get a picture of him without his mouth wide open and smiling, so this was a different look for him.
























We really like this picture, even though it is not the one we chose for the Christmas card. It is probably the best picture we got of Korben that day.


























Here's a funny one for you, Julie. He would fit in the Rodgers' family portrait perfectly.

























"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

























After the votes were counted, this is the picture we chose for the Christmas card.



























Tonight at church, we (the youth group) had a tacky Christmas sweater party. I apologize for the quality of these pictures below, but you get the drift. We were tacky. It was so much fun. I love love love to dress up in crazy ways. My favorite days in school were always "mix and match" days. I was trying on my outfit this morning and Aaron suggested that I wear white pants because that would make my vest stand out more (he actually said that it would make it "pop"...wow) He is such a mess. The pants were way too big, so I kinda looked like MC Hammer. I have on two jingle bell earrings that were ornaments as of 8:30 this morning. They are snowmen that say "Kristen" and "Aaron." I thought Korben was going to pull them right out of my ears he was so excited about them. Aaron was showing me what he was going to wear to the party this morning, and he lovingly looked at the shirt and said, "Somebody put a lot of work into this." We wore our tacky sweaters with pride. We know that they were once AWESOME!



























Poor Korben. He doesn't stand a chance with us.

























Christmas is in a week, y'all! Get excited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm very new to the blogging seen and I'm trying to figure all this out! I accidentally posted a comment as Dan instead of myself, so ignore that!
Anyways, back to business! The picture you chose is FANTASTIC! I LOVE IT!!! Also, that vest really pops with those pants! I love it! ha! Merry Christmas!