Monday, January 12, 2009

Standing in Crib!




Ladies and Gentlemen, THIS is what I saw when Korben woke up from his nap today! I could not believe my eyes!! I knew he had just woken up from his nap by the noise he was making, but I was in the middle of switching laundry over, so I didn't rush in his room. He probably waited on me for about 5 minutes, before I opened his door to find a STANDING BABY. He may have been standing like that for the whole 5 minutes for all I know! His mood shifted immediately from frustration (trying to get my attention) to excitement (LOOK at what I'm doing, Mommy!). Part of me wanted to go grab him, and more of me wanted to go grab my camera. I'm glad I did!

As of Korben's 9 month check-up(And through the holidays) Korben was still unable to get to the sitting up position after laying down. Dr. Beene thought that was odd, but told me not to worry. It just hit me today that I will be seeing him playing with his toys while laying down and all of a sudden I will look over and he will be sitting up. I wonder how long he has been doing it without me noticing? Not longer than a couple of days, I am sure. If he had been able to do this sooner, he would have been pulling up in his bed a LONG time ago. He has been pulling up on things from the sitting position for a months now. Now that he can sit up from the laying position (AND, can somewhat crawl), we have a whole new baby on our hands. I am anxious to see if I will have a standing baby greeting me in the morning when I go to his room to get him.

No comments: