Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

These first few pictures were actually taken outside my Grandmother's nursing home the weekend before Thanksgiving. I can't believe I accidentally got such great pictures of him just standing outside...too bad I couldn't get any pictures of him with Mema.



























































































CC, Korben and Goldie











































Thanksgiving at the Rodgers' house in Heber Springs. Here is Don showing my mom pictures from their recent trip to Scotland.
























This is a terrible quality picture, but it is all I have from our AMAAAAZZZINGGG Thanksgiving lunch. Julie is not in this because she was still "slaving" in the kitchen. Thank you Julie for working so hard for our delicious meal.



















Here is Korben with a random remote trying to locate a TV (or the "TT") as he calls it!



























Showing something to Moppy





























Tennis in the backyard with the guys!





























Waiting for the ball to come down (on his face!).

























Kind of thought this looked like a Baby Gap Ad.














































Action shot of Poppy, Korben, and Aaron having a blast outside.























Hangin' with Moppy while eating his favorite food (popcorn) and watching his favorite show (Blue's Clues).




































One memory I want to record from Thanksgiving is when Korben walked outside to play that afternoon, he pointed up to the sky and said "MOON!". Sure enough, there was a crescent moon in the blue sky at 3 in the afternoon. We were all floored, because other than Baby Einstein movies in which they talk about the Moon, I really didn't think Korben had ever seen one in real life. I know that sounds weird, but we're just hardly ever outside with him after dark. This just was one more confirmation to us that Korben is a genius. Haha!




We had such a relaxing Thanksgiving break. We had great quality family time, as usual, but we still managed to do some things that were "out of the norm" for us...including: building a fire, roasting marshmallows, and Aaron and I both completed books! Rarities, I tell you! It was a stark contrast to the week of gallbladder issues I'd had the previous week. I'd rather not blog about that though-Just the great times we had at Thanskgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell Moppy that her house is BEAUTIFUL! It looks so stinking comfortable and inviting! I hope I have a home like that one day! Beautiful pics too! You are certainly blessed with AMAZING family!

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. I update my knowledge after read your post.

Thanks for sharing!
Wedding Favors