Saturday, January 2, 2010

Flashback to November 14th

I am back in the blogging world. I won't go in to all of my excuses, but if you need to know why I've been out of the loop you can refer to my previous post. I am currently borrowing my mom's laptop and it is working like a charm! So....I'm back in business!

I am about 2 months behind on documenting Korben's life. I feel like I have missed out on writing so much, but I guess it is better late than never, right? I will briefly catch you up to speed through the past couple months, then, I promise to be a much better blogger, day-to-day (new year's resolution)!!

Let me take you back to November 14th. These pictures were taken just 4 days after his ear tube surgery. He was dying to go in the back yard and help his daddy rake leaves. My best judgment knows that leaves flare up allergies, which cause for a runny nose, which drains into ears, and cause ear infections. But for some crazy reason, I thought, well, he is dying for some father/son time, and now he has tubes and won't get an ear infection....WRONG. The very next day Korben woke up and sick and had an ear infection, just 5 days after surgery. We now actually believe that an ear infection prior to surgery just hadn't cleared up quite yet, but playing in the leaves was probably not the best idea for my little allergy-burdened boy. For the record, Korben has been relatively healthy since his tubes. Sure, he has had his share of runny noses, and currently has a cough (that his nurse called in an antibiotic for), but none of his symptoms have turned into ear infections or caused him to be cranky. That is evidence alone that his tubes are working. Before, one runny nose always turned into a full-blown double ear infection complete with insomnia and constant crying. Praise the Lord for tubes.


I thought all of these Father/Son pictures were sweet. Don't you love Korben's little mini-rake? He had such a good time. Aaron taught him how to pick up sticks and put them in a stick pile. Til this day, Korben will pick up sticks in the back yard and say "stick pile." So precious!
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did he become a TODDLER instead of a BABY??? My goodness he's growing up fast! Still as handsome as ever though!

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing!
Buy and Sell Collectibles