Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Day

Our car was packed to the ceiling, and we headed off to Heber Springs by 9 a.m. Guess what Korben found in the back seat? I can't believe he loved this hard hat so much! I still can't get him to wear a warm hat when I want him to wear one.

























We arrived in Heber Springs at 10 a.m., and we were greeted at the door by Don, Julie, and Dustin wearing Hawaiian shirts and lays around their neck. We heard Hawaiian music playing in the back ground. I know our eyes were as wide as plates trying to figure out why they were doing that. Before I could get the words out Dustin told me, "Don't get too excited, we're not going to Hawaii." As it turns out, Don had just learned how to play "Mele Kalikimaka" (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian, just in case you've never heard it) on his guitar, and he was going to play it for us. The funny thing is, after all of the "scene setting", he never even played the song!

























Julie and her boys!












































I apologize that I didn't take nearly enough pictures, and the ones I did take are not all that great! The Rodgers family doesn't take nearly as many pictures as the Cunningham family, and I am probably the worst one about taking pictures. With my previous blog posts, I had several people's pictures to choose from. For the Rodgers' house, all I have are my few pictures.

I say all of that to say, because of the poor quality of this picture, I feel like Korben and I could both be part of the Cullen family (I know only a few of you will get that.)





















I absolutely love this wooden puzzle Don and Julie had made for Korben! He has already memorized the "K" and recognizes it when I write it (which says a lot if you know my handwriting). When he sees the "O" he says "circle", which is pretty smart if you ask me!



























Dustin gave Korben this blue truck. It is really cool because it is made of soft plastic so if he were to fall on it, it wouldn't injure him. I just texted Dustin yesterday to tell him that Korben affectionately calls his blue truck "Dushtin." I'm pretty sure he thinks that is the name of the truck, since we told him so many times that Dustin gave it to him! Ha! It is really sweet!

























Don and Julie also got Korben this "Ride and Learn Giraffe Bike." Sadly, I have yet to get a picture of Korben on it. I will get one posted soon. He is making progress on his pedaling, but in the mean time, he really likes the learning aspect of the computer on it.































To go with the giraffe theme, he also got this neat puzzle. His sweet Aunt Tink added this Zebra to his collection of animals from the painting in his room. Thank you, Tink!
























Aaron and I are modeling some of our gifts from Dustin. I got the pretty red scarf, and Aaron's hat is monogrammed to model the hat in the video game, "Halo." Aaron is always blown away with Dustin's creativity.

















Aaron had to make a quick trip back to Fort Smith for church during our time in Heber Springs, but Korben and I just stayed there. After I finished dressing Korben for church, he begged to put on his hard hat and vest...again! Never ceases to amaze me how much he liked that.




























Korben and his Poppy hanging out with Samson.


























Julie had NO food in the house, so poor Korben had to resort to eating this. Okay, so maybe everything about that statement was false. This isn't what it looked like...I promise. It is amazing what the camera can capture in a split second.


























We truly could not have had a better Christmas with our awesome family! I will be posting videos soon!

No comments: