Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bye Bye "Bor-tay"

I have no idea why, but for about six months Korben has referred to himself as "Bor-tay." In his head it must have sounded just like "Korben." Every time he would see a picture of himself, he would consistently point himself out and say "Bor-tay." Well, today....it all stopped. I was showing Korben pictures on my blog, and he was naming everyone in the pictures..."Momma, Daddy, Kim, KORBEN." I was like, "Wait, who is that.?" He says, "Korben." JUST AS PLAIN AS DAY. So, I called his daddy (who is currently waiting to catch a plane in Memphis), and said, "I think we have to say goodbye to 'Bortay'" Then I held the phone up to Korben and pointed at his picture, and he spoke into the phone and said "Korben." Aaron couldn't believe it!

Last night, I decided to go look at Korben before I went to sleep. Can you believe that this is how I found him? Here is a little boy over 3 feet tall, crammed in the corner of his big bed...bless him. I'm so proud to know that he knows what a pillow is for though.

No comments: