Sunday, February 15, 2009

Heart Shaped Pizza and Fireproof

I tucked Korben in bed at 5:45 p.m. on Valentines night just in time for the pizza guy to walk up to the door holding our romantic valentines dinner!




















Let me explain...some of you may be thinking, "Aaron didn't take Kristen out to a fancy Valentine's Dinner???" Aaron did exactly what I asked for! We were watching TV a couple of weeks ago, and Papa Johns was advertising their special "heart shaped pizza" for Valentine's day. I laughed out loud and commented on how corny that was. I said "Who thinks it is cool to eat heart-shaped pizza on Valentine's Day?" No kidding, the next day, I started craving pizza and said..."Aaron,...you know that Papa Johns commercial we saw...THAT is what I want for Valentine's day." After a lot of "Are you serious?" comments, he realized that I was indeed serious.




























We thought we could top off the "cheesy" night with watching "Fireproof." We both have wanted to see it, and thought that Valentine's night would be appropriate. We'd heard it was a little corny, but we were told the same thing about "Facing the Giants" and we both bawled all the way through it. Fireproof was very similar to Facing the Giants because the acting was terrible, but the story is incredible. We absolutely loved the movie. I recommend it to ANYONE. Please don't give up on it at the beginning due to the acting. You will get interested in the story line and won't be thinking of how terrible the acting is for the entire movie.

Can I re-iterate just what a perfect movie this was for us to watch on Valentine's day? As Christians, we can IDENTIFY with everything in this movie. We identify with the struggles, and identify with the TRUTH that is proclaimed in it. We could have watched another "romantic comedy" (which I am not against), but I'm so glad we watched something that spoke to our soul, stirred up conversation, and left us feeling renewed spiritually. It was really refreshing to watch a movie that portrayed what true love and romance is. It is so good to be reminded that true love has nothing to do with us. We have to allow Christ to love through us. None of us have enough grace, mercy, patience, or love of our own for our spouse or people in our lives. But when we ask Jesus to give us that love for other people, that can only come from Him, we can truly love. I am reminded of my favorite quote from high school, "When you're at the end of yourself, it is only the beginning of Him." Sooooooo...watch "Fireproof." I pray that you are blessed as we were.

We realized that yesterday was our 6th Valentine's day together! I can truly say that I was ridiculously more in love with my husband this Valentines than ever.

That's all the cheese I've got for ya, I promise!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

If it makes you feel better, Michael was out of town the Friday night before Valentine's Day and the girls and I ordered a heart shaped pizza as well and watched "Space Buddies" and had a ball. Not quite as romantic as Fireproof though.