Wednesday, December 10, 2008

9 month check-up

I just got home from taking Korben to his 9 month check up. Everything was great. He weighs 22 pounds and he is 30 inches. I found out he weighs more than 75% of 9 month olds, and he is taller than 95% of 9 month olds.

Dr. Beene was not concerned with the fact that he wasn't crawling, but she was surprised. We put his blanket on the floor so she could watch him move. She watched the way he goes from the sitting up position to all-fours. She watched him rock back and forth on his kness. She watched him try to pull up on the table. She watched him standing holding onto a chair. She, like me, knows that he is "on the verge" and knows he is going to be running circles around us in no time.

He babbled the whole time we were there, like he was trying to tell her what has been going on in his life. She said she was "very impressed with his verbal skills." HaHa. I like the way that is worded. In school I was called an "excessive talker." I think I would have preferred my teachers to say "Kristen Cunningham has some impressive verbal skills." Sounds so much better.

He had his second flu shot today. No tears. Praise the Lord. He had no vaccinations at this appointment, which was nice, but I hear he has to get 4 shots at his 12 month appointment. The nurse said that the 12 month shots sting more than the others, and she will probably have to ask my permission to give him a sucker. No problemo!

So, thats my report on our healthy 9 month old little boy. Now I'm going to get caught up on some ironing while Korben is still napping. Fun times.

1 comment:

Rachel Freeman said...

Wow 9 months old. Gosh that seem to fly by. Congrats on the good check up. Oh and my nephew never crawled, he just went from rocking to walking to running. Had lots of fun last night. See you later