Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New words!

At Christmas in 2007, my Aunt Joyce gave Aaron a digital photo key chain for Christmas. We were expecting Korben in just a couple months and she knew he could use it to show off baby pictures. With full intentions on using it, he ended up getting an iPhone before Korben was born, so he took all of his pictures on that. We've had the key chain all this time, and it just dawned on me yesterday that I could put some pictures on it for Korben and let him have it to flip through. He loves to push buttons, of course. So, I put about 20 pictures of him with different family members on there. This morning he was flipping through it and he said "Mommy", then "HeHe"(which is what he says for CC), then "Mommy" again (which was actually a picture of him and his Aunt Kimmie...Sorry Kim!), and then he said "Mopsy!" I wasn't looking at the picture with him so I said "Korben, did you just say Mopsy? He said, "UH HUH in the sweetest little high-pitched voice! I grabbed the keychain, and sure enough it was a picture of Mopsy. This was the first time I'd heard him say it. So he flipped through all the pictures again, and I heard him say it AGAIN. I could never get him to repeat it on command, but I know for a fact he said it twice this morning.

He is really saying new things every day! I feel like I have so much to tell Aaron every night about all he is saying and doing! I'm going to try to type out a few random things that I want to record before I forget! This is my one and only baby book, you know.



New things Korben is saying:

Mickey (Kickey)
Elmo (Occasionally comes out as Melmo)
Diaper (Biper)
Book
Bear (Bay-er)
Sticker
Berry (for Blueberry)
Thank you (thank ya)
Dog (gog)



Says "YAY" every time he does something good. For instance, he successfully stacked blocks on top of each other yesterday without knocking them down and every time he would add a block to the stack he would yell "YAY" at the top of his lungs. I wonder where he has heard that!



He was so excited about his green beans for dinner last night that he clapped while he said "mean beans!"

Aaron taught him to flex his muscles.

He can hold up one finger and say ONE if you ask him how old he is.

When I've asked him questions, he has started to go "ummmmm" sometimes before he answers. I seriously don't know where he learned that.


Favorite Animal Sounds to make:
Mooooooo
Neigh
HeeeHaw
Arf Arf
Meowww
Hissss
Oink Oink

Has started to sing the "E-I-E-I" part of "Old McDonald had a farm"...he doesn't like the "O" yet.

He is really getting "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" down. I'll have to make another video of that soon.

Aaron brought him a unicorn beanie babie from a happy meal the other day and he said "HeeHaw!" I've always wondered what unicorns say. They may very well "heehaw."



He will show you his nose, ears and tummy when asked. We're working on the rest, but he really likes to show his tummy.


He loves stickers. I found a farm animal book of stickers yesterday that I didn't know we had. I would give him a sticker and tell him the name of the animal and the sound it made. I was giving them to him while I was in the kitchen cooking. He would make the animal noise all the way into the living room and then come back in the kitchen without the sticker, wanting another one. I did this about fifteen times without going to see what he was doing with the stickers. Then I walked in there to see the lovely farm animal collage on the side of the armoire. I sent Aaron a text telling him that Korben made him a surprise. Aaron was thrilled when he saw it. :o)

This morning when I was on the phone with Jule, telling her that Korben had said Mopsy, he handed me a book of stamps he had pulled out of my purse and said "stickers". The proceeded to walk over to his collage (don't worry, it is not there anymore) with them like he wanted to add to his collection. I told him those stickers were too expensive.


Those are all the stories I have time for right now, folks. Gotta go be productive during nap time.


Hope you all are having a fantastic day. Thanks for checking in with us.

3 comments:

Kari said...

That is so sweet! I am so glad you are really soaking it all in and enjoying each day with Korben! I read his pronunciations and it brings back memories of my own girls! All of mime would say "Melmo" for Elmo too!

Rachel Freeman said...

This is such a good time, they learn so fast and so much, it's greta to see their little minds churn.
Now, I have a question about e-mealz, you pay the weekly amount or what... tell me how this works. It looks great, simplicity is always a plus. email me, I should have just emailed you...

royal said...

Hi,
Pick Update create a track for a single men and women meet, flirt, date and fall in love, Providing time and meet again through online dating.Thousands of single men and women right in your area have posted personal ads on PickUpDate.com.

Thanks for sharing information!
Match Online Dating