Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Funny stories!

I know this sounds weird, but Korben likes to be told to sit down. If you tell him to sit, he will stop what he is doing to "plop" down on the ground. He will instantly get back up, just so you will tell him to do it again. I was showing Aaron how he does this the other night, and we got busy talking in the middle of his trick. Korben began to tell himself to sit down. I looked over and he was pointing his finger out saying "down" and then sitting down, then standing up and repeating. He doesn't need us!

My mom and I talk on the phone for a little while almost every morning. For a while now, Korben has been echoing every word he knows that I say. It is very distracting because I will just be in mid-conversation and if I say a word he knows he repeats it back to me. Well, the past couple days he has been saying this phrase over and over while I'm on the phone "Mom? Yeah, Mom? Yeah, Mom? Yeah" It finally clicked this morning that he is imitating what he hears me saying on the phone. Since he only hears one side of the conversation, he is hearing me say "yeah" a lot, and he is probably hearing me say "Mom?" because I have horrible phone reception in my house and it is always cutting out on me. So, "MOM?, Yeah" is Korben's impersonation of me on the phone.

When Drew was taking pictures of Korben on Saturday, Korben could not wait to jump up and look at the digital image on the back of Drew's camera. He would say "Awwwwwww" every time he saw a picture! Where did he learn that?

On Monday night at a church event, he told children that were running down the hall "no no" while shaking his finger at them with an angry face. Then proceeded to say his 5 syllable "Hiiiiiii" and give them hugs.


He is still OBSESSED with stickers. Seriously, if I had a dollar for everytime I heard "Stik-uh" a day, I would be loaded! We just got him a new sticker book with over 200 sesame street characters and random items. The other day we were playing and he would pull off the stickers and tell me what they were, i.e. Elmo, Cookie (Cookie Monster), Ball, Book...you get the idea). Here is a real life scenario of a funny thing that happened next:

Me: "Look Korben, it is JUICE" (showing him a sticker of a juice box)
Korben: "JUICE"
Me: "Very good!" *hands Korben sticker*
Korben: *Sucks out of the "straw" on the box of juice (remember, this is just a sticker) and he goes "MMMMMMMMMM"

He doesn't do this with any of the other stickers, only when he finds the juice box sticker!! So hilarious!

I heard him singing in his room this morning, and thought I would go in and say good morning. I opened the door, said "good morning!", he stood up, put his finger over his mouth, and said "SHHH." Really? Sorry I interrupted song time!


One week from today I will be posting about SESAME STREET LIVE! We are taking Korben to the "Elmo's Green Thumb" show here at the Fort Smith Convention Center at 10:30 in the morning! I can't see how he won't love it! It involves all of his favorite things: Elmo, music, and dancing!

No comments: