Monday, March 9, 2009

Korben's First Birthday Party!!

We had Korben's first birthday party on Saturday. It was everything we were hoping for! We were so honored that so many of our family members would make the trip to and from Fort Smith in just one day. This was the first time some of our family had seen our new home, so it was extra special that they came to visit.

Korben was so sweet and excited. He loved playing in the backyard with his cousins, eating every single bite of his birthday cake, playing with the party favor (blower) while mommy and daddy opened his presents (haha), and trying out his new toys! Not only did Korben get incredible gifts for his first birthday, he also got some special things to open when he is 18. Everyone brought something to go in a time capsule for Korben to open on his 18th birthday. I just know that will be special for him, 17 years from now!

We weren't without food! Aaron grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and I prepared a fruit and dip tray, as well as cheese dip and salsa. Our cake was from Sweet Boutique in Van Buren, and it was delicious! From my perspective, the party went way too fast!! But, it was SOOOO much fun! Thank you everyone that came for making it so incredibly special.


























































































































































































































































































































































SEEE!!! We had a wonderful time! I hope the naked booty picture doesn't offend you. I just wanted to share how Korben likes to take a bath...standing up! I keep trying to explain to him that it is really relaxing to "sit" in the bath tub, but he insists on standing. Thanks for checking out the party pictures!

4 comments:

Raina's Retreat said...

How adorable. I bet he was pooped after that party. My son had sugar for the first time on his first birthday and he passed out!

Unknown said...

The mickey mouse theme was super cute, it looked like he got lots of presents, and had fun! I like that time capsule idea, I might have to steal it if I have ever kiddos!

Rachel Freeman said...

Girl you are putting me to shame, I haven't posted any pictures yet of Ada's party, but I'm working on a slideshow. I love, love, love the cake. Looks like you guys had fun. Who would be offended by that cute hiney! See ya girl.

Leigh Ann said...

oh, I don't know whether the cake is my favorite or the cutie pictures of him eating it.....so precious.