Sunday, October 26, 2008

Buried in Kleenexes.

Korben and I are sick. It started with Korben on Wednesday with a runny nose. I didn't think much of it until the nasty cough started on Thursday. By Friday there was a fever, and he started doing something funny with his eyes (like squinting and rolling them). We went to the doctor on Friday and as it turns out he has his first ear infection. She thinks the cold symptoms are just viral, but she put him on an antibiotic for the ear infection. She said if his other symptoms were bacterial the antibiotic would clear it up. So, that makes me feel better. He doesn't seem much better yet. His nose is still running, and he is coughing a lot. We hear him all night in his sleep just coughing away. I had already ruled out going to church today because he is not fit to take to the nursery, and then I woke up sick. It is very common for me to get sick in the fall and spring because of my allergies, but I normally do not have sinus pressure like this. I feel like I was punched in the face. My nose, eye sockets, and cheek bones feel bruised. Its very strange. I wish we were at church today. We already missed Wednesday night because my car wouldn't start. I really hate missing church. I'll be honest, there was a time in my life when I actually liked a sick day home from church. I know that's terrible, but it is true. I am the complete opposite now. I look forward to Wednesdays and Sundays and I hate to miss. I'm so thankful our pastor's sermons are on the internet, because I hate missing what he is going to say. Lord willing, Korben will be better by Wednesday and we will be able to go to church then. Wednesday night we are having our youth costume party. The Rodgers' family's costumes are ready to go. Korben just tried his on yesterday and he looked so cute. Stay tuned...I will post pictures this week. Hopefully by then we will not be buried in Kleenexes.

No comments: