Friday, September 19, 2008

6 Month Check Up

On Wednesday the 17th I took Korben for his 6 month check-up. He weighed 19lbs. 6 oz, and was 28 in. long. That puts him in the 75th percentile for his weight, and 93rd percentile for his height. So, to say the least, he is having no problems growing! I never thought my 6 month old would be wearing 18 month clothes.

Dr. Beene increased his reflux medicine after watching Korben spit up (Good timing, Korben). His dosage had not been increased since he was about half the size he is now...so, hopefully his reflux will get better now that he is getting the adequate amount of medicine.

She also gave me a prescription for flouride. I have heard all over the news that the kids' of this generation's teeth were rotting due to the lack of flouride in our water. I assumed that there was flouride in our tap water, but apparently not in Ft. Smith. So, I will now give him a drop of flouride in his mouth everyday until he is around 4 years old, then he can chew a vitamin. We can't have our baby's teeth rotting out...even though he doesn't have any yet!

He was such a good boy during his check up. He did all his tricks for all the staff..laughed, jabbered, grabbed everything in sight, rolled on his sides, and smiled at everybody! He is such a ham....maybe its the Cunning"ham" in him that is coming out (cheesy, but true). Even after getting three shots, all I had to do was pick him up off the table and pretend like I was going to throw him in the air and he started laughing, forgetting all about the shots!

We thank God constantly for our healthy and happy baby boy!

No comments: