Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bullskie

I've been meaning to write a Korben post for...OH...7 months or so. Today is the day. Something pretty monumental happened this week, and I figured I better type it out, or I may possibly forget it!

The Korben I wrote about back in March said lots of words. I would have ventured to say that my two year old Korben said every word! I've always thought he had a great vocabulary for his age. However, it is amazing what 7 months can do. Now he speaks sentences and can have a full-blown conversation with anyone. This makes life super fun!

One of my favorite things to do on our way home from church (whether that be sunday morning, sunday night, wednesday night, or MOPS meetings) is ask Korben what he learned, who he played with, etc. Well, the past few weeks on Sunday morning he has been telling me about a Diggity Dog movie that he watches at church. "Diggity Dog" is a character who teaches them Bible Stories on a video. Well, Around the same time he started watching Diggity Dog, he also started talking about someone/something named "Bullskie." I just figured Bullskie was another character from that video. He began to tell me often how funny Bullskie was. So, this past Tuesday, I saw our Preschool Minister while I was at our MOPS meeting, and asked her if there was another character on the Diggity Dog videos named Bullskie. I told her that Korben had been talking about him a whole lot! She had no idea what I was talking about, but she said she would look into it. Well, on the way home, I thought I would ask some deeper questions about this Bullskie character. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey Korben...Tell me about Bullskie
Korben: Bullskie is SOOOO FUNNY!!!
Me: Really? Thats great! Where IS Bullskie?
Korben: In our backyard
Me: OH, Korben! You're talking about our neighbor's little white dog that we call "Bolt", right?
Korben: NO...Bulskie! He's a black dog!
Me: (A little freaked out) Can you show me Bullskie when we get home?
Korben: YES!!! Bullskie is SO FUNNY!

We get home, and I can not walk to the back door fast enough.

Me: Do you see him?
Korben: YES, THERE HE IS!

I'm REALLY freaking out at this point. There is NO dog to be found! Korben walks to the middle of the backyard and says

Korben: Bullskie, where are you? (pats his legs) Bullskie is not here anymore.


It hit me right then and there that Korben has an imaginary dog. Wow, I thought the day might come that Korben would have an imaginary friend, but I sure never pictured an imaginary dog at the age of two and a half!

I have tried to not "dig" about the Bullskie issue, as much as I would like to. I just let him tell me things when he wants to. In the past two days he has told me that he was building a Bullskie with his legos, and that Bullskie is a black dog, with white dots (i love that...dots, not spots), and has a long tail! But most of all, He just tells me how funny Bullskie is and dies laughing!

I couldn't wait to call Aaron and both of the Grandmas that day and tell them about this!

No comments: